Forest Schools First Aid
Forest Schools First Aid Course
Aimed at childcare providers working in an outdoor, nature-based learning environment. This accredited course covers both life-saving skills and also recognition and management of illness and injuries in a forest school setting. It complies with Ofsted and the Early Years Foundation Stage in relation to paediatric first aid requirements.
The course is interactive and assessed through both practicals and outdoor scenarios, and the regulated certificate lasts for three years. If required, the Level 3 Paediatric First Aid certificate can be purchased for an additional £15.
- Definition and principles of First Aid
- Incident management
- Unconscious casualties and the Safe airway position
- Bleeding and shock
- CPR and the safe use of a Defibrillator
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fracture management
- Managing head and spinal injuries
- Wound management
- Burns and Poisoning
- Eyes, Ears and Nose injuries
- Diabetes, Seizures and Strokes
- Hypothermia and Heat Stroke
£140 per person including an outdoor manual and a regulated certificate valid for 3 years (min. 6 and max. 12 participants).
Private group rate is £450 per day (£520 at weekends) including manuals for up to 12 people, plus £8 per regulated certificate.