Baby and Child First Aid
Baby and Child First Aid - Would you know what to do when faced with that worst-case scenario, which doesn’t happen often, but could occur at any time? Are you convinced that every one who is ever responsible for your baby or child would know what to do?
These non-accredited paediatric courses are suitable for parents, grandparents, non-ofsted registered nannies and au pairs and the content is adaptable depending on your previous knowledge and the age of your children – see the options below.
Non-moving babies are welcome to come along too!
- Incident management
- Unconscious casualties and the safe airway position
- Bleeding and shock
- Serious childhood illnesses
- Head injuries
- Burns and poisoning
- Initial 4-hour course - £45 each or £80 per couple - minimum 6 and maximum 12 attendees (private group host/organiser can have a half price place for 8 people and a free place for 10)
- Refresher courses for 2 to 3 hours - £25 to £35 per person (same conditions as above)
- Personalised sessions for up to 4 people in your home - ranges from £100 for 1 hour to £300 for 4 hours. Please enquire for other time frames.
- All costs include a paediatric manual and a certificate of attendance
We can run the course at any house / venue with a large tv and enough floor space for the practicals or we can source a venue for you at your cost, if required.
| Serious bleeding |
Watch our short video clip on how to help someone who is bleeding heavily.
Thank you so much Louise, the girls LOVED it! They came home brimming with advice for us and wanting to practice the recovery position on everyone. Hopefully they won’t ever need to use their new knowledge but I’m so glad they have it! And they hugely enjoyed learning it. – Eliza
Louise was very energetic and engaging and the session was informative, giving key information without being overwhelming. All the explanations were very clear and it was brilliantly practical – this type of teaching sticks! – Sam
Louise makes learning first aid easy and she gives you confidence in giving it a go. The course has a great format and lots of humour makes it very memorable. – Lou
Louise was brilliant with our group of 6 year olds. She set just the right pace & covered so much. The children came away proud of what they had learnt and confident to try out their new skills. A really worthwhile 1.5 hours. Thank you so much! – Catherine
The course was excellent and this is an integral life skill to take away and not JUST a certificate you "should have" or "need to get to qualify". Louise delivers all the information in a clear and fun way which means staying engaged throughout the day. – Will
Louise runs an amazing first aid course. I came away feeling confident that I am now able to help in any situation if it was to arise. – Jasmine