An Article by Worsley Training - First Aid Training in and around Wiltshire
In this cold weather look out for the signs and symptoms of hypothermia easily remembered as the Umbles: .
- Grumbles – change in behaviour, expressing a negative attitude
- Fumbles – slow reaction time, dropping objects, poor co-ordination
- Mumbles – slurred, slowed, or incoherent speech, sleepiness or confusion
- Stumbles – loss of control over movement, slowed motion, stiffness in extremities
- Tumbles - falls unconscious
- Prevent further heat loss
- Remove wet clothing .
- Provide shelter and insulation .
- Give food and drinks